Get out of the way gift cards, new fishing subscription boxes are coming to town. Monthly Fly & Lure Subscription services are popping up all over and anglers are investing a monthly small cost for them. For as little as $13 a month you can get a box for envelope of new gear to try out on the water. This is a great gift idea for a fishing friend or a quick way to load up your tackle box.
Mystery Tackle box
My first experience was around my birthday I was gifted a 3 month subscription to Mystery Tackle Box. I was immediately impressed with the whole process. When you sign-up they give you an idea on when the shipment will occur. When the shipment is done it will show when its going on. Its fast and on-time shipping.
Mystery Tackle Box offers a few different price points and you can chose between a few different species.
- Inshore Saltwater
- Regular @ $14.99 a month – Auto renews every month. Cancel or upgrade any time. ABOUT $25 IN VALUE – CHANGE SPECIES ANYTIME.
- PRO @ $24.99 a month – Auto renews every month. Cancel or change any time. ABOUT $40 IN VALUE BASS, WALLEYE AND INSHORE SALTWATER ONLY.
- Elite @ $39.99 a month – Auto renews every month. Cancel or downgrade any time. ABOUT $60 IN VALUE – PREMIUM BASS GEAR.
If you end up subscribing – let us know what you think of the Mystery Tackle Box.
Monthly Fly came second after the above Mystery Tackle Box – I was looking for a fly service that I could get the same service but in Fly Fishing gear. I came across Monthly Fly Box on google searches. The website is not as intuitive as others and doesn’t give you the level of communication detail that I got with others. I will say the quality of flys was great and when I contacted them on Facebook Messenger they promptly replied to me.
- Match the hatch @ $12.00 a month – gets you 15 top quality flies every month. They select flys to match the current hatches in your local waters. This is a great value.
- Saltwater Fly @ $12.00 a month – gets you 6 top quality hand tied Saltwater flies selected from the most tried and true patterns to help you catch more fish and make the most of your precious time on the water!
Another cool think about Monthly Fly is how they send you a sheet with information on each fly. Tips on how to fish and about that hatch in particular. When you sign-up they ask you for your Zip Code / Area you fish so they can pick the right flys for you. I thought this was really neat and I was happy with the flys they sent me.
If you end up subscribing – let us know what you think of the Monthly Fly.